The Association of Cricket Coaches of Nigeria, Edo State Chapter proposed a Rotational Coaching Clinic for Secondary Schools as a strategic plan to meet the Board’s Policy Target of 5,000 Cricketers in the State.
A Fifteen (15) days program comprising of Video and Practical sessions was drafted but due to later developments, it was adjusted to a Ten (10) days program.
The outcome for each day is as follows:
- Day 1: Monday 11th November, 2019
The Coaching team kicked of the program by marking an eventful entrance at Edo College, Benin City. A Boys boarding School with a record of 370 students on ground to see, learn and enjoy the game of Cricket.
- Day 2: Tuesday 12th November, 2019.
It was a huge success at Federal Government Girls College, Benin City, an all Girls boarding School. A total of 279 students showed up to enjoy a lot of cricket activities and learn new techniques from the various Coaches on ground.
- Day 3: Wednesday 13th November, 2019.
Once again, it was yet another opportunity to capture the Boys and Girls of Christlike Secondary School, IDP Camp, Uhogua into the game of Cricket. It was a large turn up attracting 340 students.
- Day 4: Thursday 14th November, 2019.
Edokpolor Grammar School, Benin City.
- Day 5: Friday 15th November, 2019.
On this day Idia College, Benin City, an all Girls School with over 10,000 students, was a centre of Cricket activities as the basics of Cricket- batting, bowling and fielding techniques were taught. It attracted a total of 659 students.
- Day 6: Monday 18th November, 2019.
At Iyoba Girls College, Benin City, an all Girls School, 386 students participated in the Rotational Coaching Clinic. Batting, Bowling and fielding techniques were taught across the various groups.
- Day 7: Tuesday 19th November, 2019.
The Rotational Coaching Clinic Train stopped at Ohonre Grammar School with 348 students (Boys and Girls) embracing the game of Cricket.
- Day 8: Wednesday 20th November, 2019.
It was a historic day at Edo Boys High School as a total of 806 students were seen actively participating in the Coaching Clinic. 65 students from Ugbowo Housing Estate and Ugbowo Primary School also took part in the Clinic.
- Day 9: Thursday 21st November, 2019.
It was a day of Cricket Revival at St. David Boys Model Secondary School, Evboneka, one of the famous playing Cricket School in Edo State as the moving train visited the school. 58 students participated.
- Day 10: Friday 22nd November, 2019.
On the last day of the Rotational Coaching Clinic, the moving train paid a visit to Government Science & Technical College. A total of 243 (Boys and Girls) students embraced the game of Cricket.
GRAND TOTAL PARTICIPANTS:
370 + 279 + 340 + 659 + 386 + 348 + 806 + 65+ 58 + 243
= 3, 554
Seven (7) Secondary Schools programme were postponed to Second (2nd) Term/ Next year-2020 because there was no Official approval from the Ministry of Education and First (1st) Term Examinations.
- Edokpolor Grammar School, Benin City.
- Army Day Secondary School, Benin City.
- Scholars Imperial Educational Centre, Benin City.
- Continental Group of Schools, Benin City.
- Glorious Crown Group of Schools, Benin City.
- Ujoelen Grammar School, Ekpoma.
- Ambrose Alli University Secondary School, Ekpoma.